You are here
Early Childhood Family Education
What is ECFE?
ECFE stands for Early Childhood Family Education. The Early Childhood Family Center is a Community Education program of the Bloomington public schools that provides classes, programs, and services for families with young children from birth to kindergarten age.
A typical ECFE class includes parent discussion facilitated by a parent educator while children play together in an early childhood classroom. Parents and children later join each other for fun learning activities. In other classes, parents and children spend the entire time playing and learning together, while a few are parent discussion only.
- To support parents in their child raising efforts;
- To offer information about child development and alternative parenting techniques;
- To help parents and their children communicate better;
- To give children opportunities to discover and learn;
- To promote positive parental attitudes; and
9600 3rd Avenue South
Bloomington, MN 55420
4901 W. 112th Street
Bloomington, MN 55437